40 dead, 10 injured as gunmen invade Plateau villages

Posted by Hkon on 11:58 AM, 27-Nov-13

By Taye Obateru

Jos— NO fewer than 40 people were killed yesterday, when gunmen attacked four villages in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Among those killed, according to villagers, were a one-year old boy shot at close range, a four-year old and several women and other children. 10 persons have been hospitalised as a result of injuries sustained during the attack.

The attackers were said to have struck between 12.30a.m. and 1a.m., completely wiping out two families.

The village head of Tatu, Da Pam Gyang Tsok, told newsmen that they started hearing sporadic gunshots at about 1a.m. and later discovered that 15 women and children had been killed by the assailants.

Ten people were confirmed killed at Bwok village and seven at Dorong.

He confirmed the killing of every member of two households in the village during the attack, adding, “we were shocked by the attack because we had no quarrel with any group or person and have been living in peace with non -natives in our midst.”

‘They wore military uniform’

A similar story was told by a community leader at Rawure village, Mr. Job Chollom, who said the attackers wore military uniform.

He said they surrounded the village before launching the attack, killing a man, his wife and their young children aged one, four and 10 years. He added that five people were injured in the attack.

Confirming the attack, the Interim Administrator of Barakin-Ladi Local Government, Mr. Habila Dungs said a total of 40 people were killed in the four villages in what he described as a well coordinated attack.

Spokesman of the Special Task Force, STF, in the state, Captain Salisu Mustapha, also confirmed the incident in a statement.

According to the statement, STF personnel on receiving the report moved to the scenes to restore order, adding that the gunmen fled on sighting the troops.

Villagers accuse

security agents

However, some of the villagers complained to news-men that no help came from security men, who were not too far away while the attack lasted.

Speaking after the mass burial for those killed at Tatu, the outgoing President of Church of Christ in All Nations, COCIN, Reverend Soja Bewarang condemned the killings, wondering why it could happen with security men around.

He urged government and the security agencies to take necessary steps to check the frequent attacks on innocent communities as the attackers appeared bent on wiping out the people of the state.

STF kills 3

Meanwhile, three people were reportedly shot dead by members of the STF at Shishiri, Pajat Ward of Langtang North Local Government Area of Plateau State, following a commotion during the councillorship primaries of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the area.

A group of young men, alleged to have been drunk, were said to have attacked one of the officials conducting the primaries.

The security men attempted to rescue him but were allegedly attacked, forcing them to open fire on the rampaging youths.

The youths allegedly threw stones and other missiles at the soldiers, who reportedly repelled them by firing shots.

The killings resulted in pandemonium as angry youths began a protest, creating mayhem.

The STF Media Officer, Captain Salisu Mustapha, could not be reached for comments at press time.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/40-dead-10-injured-gunmen-invade-plateau-villages/#sthash.vdw9NprL.dpuf

Nigeria Sports Award: Moses floors Mikel

Posted by Hkon on 11:55 AM, 27-Nov-13

By Jacob Ajom
Victor Moses was yesterday named the Nigerian Footballer of the Year,2013. He was conferred with the honour by the Nigerian Sports Award. Moses defeated John Obi Mikel and Sunday Mba who were the other nominees for the award.

In an elaborate ceremony at the Muson Centre, Onikan, Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi was presented with the Nigerian Coach of the Year award while Perpetual Nkwocha of the Super Falcons won the female footballer of the year.

Ball Sports Personality of the year award was won by Portugal based Nigeria table tennis international Aruna Quadri. He defeated Olumide Oyedeji and Ike Diogu, both of De Tigers.

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Alhaji Aminu Maigari won the sports administrator of the year award. He dedicated the award to every  Nigerian.

Blessing Okagbare won the Track and Field Star of the Year award while junior athlete Divine Oduduru won the discovery of the year award.

Meanwhile, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of DeltaState also won the Sports Governor of the Year Award. Uduaghan who was present in the hall received the award and said the other nominees, Governors Liyel Imoke of CrossRiver and Babatunde Fashola of LagosState were equally winners.

”I am aware that all the other governors are equally doing a lot in terms of grassroots development. The way we are going, Nigeria will win at least one gold medal at the next Olympics,” an elated Uduaghan said.

Mikel Obi however won the Sports man of the year award while Blessing Okagbare won the sports woman of the year award.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/nigeria-sports-award-moses-floors-mikel/#sthash.UqWS7mQc.dpuf

Nigeria won’t break up – Gov. Yuguda

Posted by Hkon on 10:30 AM, 27-Nov-13

Six years after taking over the mantle of leadership of the once agrarian Bauchi State, Governor Isa Yuguda has brought in a lot of positive changes to the state and given it a notch in terms of development projects. But as his tenure draws to an end in 2015, the governor, in this interview, maintains that he will not interfere in the process that will lead to the emergence of his successor, as the people of Bauchi State will handle it from the grassroots to the top. He also explains why Nigeria should not break up.

What is the difference between the Bauchi of today and that of six years ago, when you took over as governor?

I think the difference could be best appreciated by those who were here six years ago and returning now. My predecessors did their best but, sadly, the situation I met on the ground on assumption of duty was not the best for our people. So many things were not in good shape and in all sectors of the economy, ranging from health care services to education, water supply, security, transportation system, there has been a very remarkable change and we thank God that the Almighty God has made it possible for us to go this far.

I feel very happy that my leaders-the President and the Vice President- appreciate what I have been able to do. I am happy that I have been able to do something to make my party, the PDP, also proud and in keeping with the Transformation Agenda of Mr. President and to show that the philosophy is also working here in Bauchi and delivering democracy dividends to Nigerians.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/nigeria-wont-break-gov-yuguda/#sthash.bWRfr6q7.dpuf

Did You Know?

Posted by Hkon on 10:11 AM, 14-Nov-13

Hkon's song 'Sex In The Air' was refused airplay when it got released in 2011, because of its explicit lyrics. The promotion of the song was then suspended.

Magic Muzik

Posted by Hkon on 06:00 PM, 03-Nov-13

visit my other blog and get more info about Hkon herewww.magicmuzik.blogspot.com

Hkon Talks New Single

Posted by Hkon on 08:38 AM, 02-Nov-13

Hkon announces he is dropping a new single this month. He revealed, 'this is more of an r&b sad record that speaks about relationship conflicts and stuff you know what am saying, so at the end of the day you regret everything and hope it gets better one day. If you going or coming through this lane you better grab this record. Nov 2013... #ANTICIPATE Also check out his last Hot single One In A Million
Download below

hkon-one-in-a-million.mp3

Ice Prince's Album F.O.Z Sold 2Million Copies

Posted by Hkon on 10:00 PM, 31-Oct-13

Ice prince zamani's sold 2million copies worldwide on Spinlet, making him the fastest selling artist in history of African Music. Chocolate City Made a whooping N350,000,000 off the album, thats huge. Follow this blog and follow the blog owner on twitter @iamhkon

ICE PRINCE RELEASES HIS MUCH ANTICIPATED ALBUM F.O.Z

Posted by Hkon on 11:16 PM, 28-Oct-13

AFRICAS FINEST RAPPER RELEASES HIS SECOND ALBUM TODAY. GO GRAB IT ON www.spinlet.com.

HKON HEADLINING ARC'S CULTURAL DAY

Posted by Hkon on 11:47 PM, 20-Oct-13



The R&B king is set to perform at ARC's CULTURAL DAY on the 6th of November 2013. Hkon is no doubt the most successful musician to ever come out of the school. He started from a boy band to a successfull artist, becoming one of the most popular singers in the state in just 2 years. He recently released a monster Hit featuring label mates Icent, and Spillz called I REP SHAKIDA, the labels anthem. Hkon is also planning to drop a new single on the day, so we gotta stay tuned. #ARC6/11/2013 check some of his hits below

hkon-one-in-a-million.mp3

never20be20me20mp.mp3

HKON'S HANDLE ON TWITTER @Hkonnn

Posted by Hkon on 12:53 AM, 18-Oct-13

hkona.jpg Follow ya boy on twitter @hkonnn 4 mre hot updates